Members can join groups in two ways. They can join open groups themselves by clicking on the groups tab on the community homepage and selecting the group they wish to join. Or they can be put into a group by a group administrator or administrator. An example of why you would be adding members to a group, is a helper group who you wish to communicate about plans and actions and do not wish the whole community to receive the message. In this instance you would send out a message asking for volunteers and you will need to add these members to the group.
To add members to a group:
- Orgainse a list of members who you wish to put into your group
- Click on the group on the community homepage
- Click “Add Members” at the top of the page
- Use the search bar to find your members
- Click on the red “+” to turn it to a green tick
- Once you have chosen everyone to be in the group click “Save Group”